On Thursday, May 12, 2011, I participated in a panel covering “Social Media & the Arts.” The esteemed panel had various brilliant minds from Detroit’s music, fashion and traditional design inner-worlds. The event was impressive. I have to admit that my friend, Sola Obayan of BTO Solutions, did a great job with the help of a few key folks. The event impacted me so much that I have been inspired to write some new posts.
First order of business, the one thing that was missing for this month’s Social Media is a Party was Detroit’s talented music business professionals. There were a few musicians in the house, but there should have been more. I take some responsibility for that, but there are many days where I just want to host a support group with like-minded people. That being said, I want to have an event with the following people:
- Scott and Janel Boyink of Hype Ignition
- Jasper and Jay of Five Three Dial Tone Records
- Sam Valenti IV and Jeremy Peters of Ghostly International
- Shannon DeVries of Six Two Productions
- The People Behind Black Milk
- All of A-Side Worldwide
- Dominic Arellano and the rest of the Forward Arts team
- Kelly “K-Fresh” Frazier of The Loop Detroit
… and many many others
I am setting the stage as I believe Detroit music business professionals are key to the revitalization of our region.. Where are you guys? When can we get together? What do you think we should discuss? I know I have many topics I could pine about extensively, but I want to hear from you – my peers.