Greetings all, it looks like I have finally been tagged in the 7 Random Things Meme. I got the cool distinction of being tagged by Beverly Cornell – author of Global Business Perspectives.
You should already know I am random if you read this blog. I don’t know if this list affirms or refutes that logic, but here goes:
1) I am a sugar addict. My major weaknesses are in the form of donuts, rich cakes and pies. This is the reason I am participating in the 30 Sugar-Free Days Challenge started by Dr. Scott Olson to try and break this addiction.
2) When I was 15, I got the opportunity to go to Japan as an exchange student in the Detroit / Toyota City Sister Cities program. This experience changed my life forever. Being a sheltered kid from Detroit, I had no idea there were areas that were TOTALLY different from the United States. If not for this trip, I have no idea what I would be like today. From my musical taste (which is where I was first hipped to a certain Detroit hip hop producer – thanks Justin Brown) to my general worldview, Japan shook me up like a martini made for James Bond.
3) When MSU rioted in 1999 after losing to Duke, I followed behind the riot police squad as the shot tear gas at crazed… property defacers. Talk about surreal.
4) I once ate a serving of french fries a day for 48 days straight. The streak was started during my 6-week excursion in Europe. Streak ended at a Wendy’s when it got robbed at gunpoint. My fries got dropped on the floor as they were being handed to me. Again, I didn’t freak – I wanted to maim the assailant.
5) As a hobby, I rap. I like doing it, but don’t care about making money with it. www.myspace.com/gambitthemc
6) I used to own over 5000 vinyl records; I own about 15% of that now. I’m a music junkie. I still have over 200 professionally-released cassette tapes. I also have reel-to-reels, but no player… YET.
7) I met my fiancee at a Halloween party in Detroit. I was dressed as Tyrone Biggums – the character from The Chappelle Show. Yes, the crackhead… and I barely meeting her that first time. Horrible, I know…
more movies at www.miloop.com
All righty, here are the se7en bloggers that I am going to tag (make sure you check out their work while you’re at it, reader:
Kelly “K-Fresh” Frazier
Here are the rules for my fellow bloggers:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.